FINANCIAL My career-to-date has been as a Financial Markets professional combining extensive trading, sales, marketing, and eCommerce experience across multiple financial asset classes and London financial institutions.It has also included formal graduate recruitment. I have been a Graduate Financial Careers Coach since 2015 and lecture in Financial Markets.
- Opening City Doors Mar 2017 to present – Full-time Graduate Financial Careers Coach
- Thomson Reuters 2005 to Mar 2017 – Fixed Income Electronic Trading Specialist (Graduate Recruitment additionally)
- Thomson Reuters 2001-2005 Risk Management Sales Specialist
- Prudential Bache Securities 1990-2000 Sales/ Trading / Broking/ Marketing
- J.P. Morgan Chase 1989-1990 Senior Sterling Bond Trader
- Kleinwort Benson 1986-1989 Director Sterling Bond Trading
- Morgan Stanley 1986-1986 Fixed Income Trader
- Barclays Merchant Bank 1985-1986 Foreign Currency Bond Trader
- Laurie Milbank & Co (Stockbrokers) 1983 -1985 Foreign Exchange and Securities Broker
- Japan International Bank 1981-1983 Graduate Trainee
CAREER:The above career path has involved well over 200 interviews as the ‘Candidate’ and many more as the ‘Hiring Manager’. I have also undertaken three formal Career Job Outplacement programmes.My job hunting experiences together with formal training around CVs, covering letters, interviews, job hunting strategies and more, has taught me what works, and what does not work, in the job hunting market.I also have a unique insight into the hiring process at specific investment banking, asset management and vendor firms from graduates I have worked with as well as my own market expertise to pass on.